To ensure maximum longevity of the probe, keep it for as long as possible in a humid environment. If you take the device out of the water, you must screw it to the storage cap in which you will have poured 20mL or 4 teaspoons of KCl (saturated potassium chloride), pH4 or, as a last resort, running water with a good amount of cooking salt.
- In "Settings" > "Blue Connect", press "Probe replacement".
- Take out Blue Connect from the water, remove the usage cap and start the procedure in a dry, clean place.
- Wipe Blue Connect with a clean, absorbent cloth, paying particular attention to properly drying the bottom part of the product (where the probe is located) without touching the sensors.
- Unscrew the nut using the cloth. If you struggle to unscrew the nut, use adjustable pliers by placing them on this exact spot.
- Use a knife or a cutter (or your nails) to unlock the probe.
- Remove the probe making sure to keep Blue Connect upright (with the top of the device above and the bottom below) so that remaining water does not penetrate in the product. Be sure to remove the seal and discard it. It could be stuck inside.
- Wipe the remaining water that could be at the level of the opening of the Blue Connect and inside the hole with the cloth.
- Take the new probe, scan the QR code and remove the protective cap. Be careful not to drop the probe as it is a very fragile item.
- Wipe the black plastic body of the new probe if necessary. It should be perfectly dry.
Note: Make sure the golden contacts on the top of the probe are clean (shiny) and dry. Otherwise, clean them with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- Place the new seal supplied with the replacement on the new probe.
- Insert the probe and turn it until it is properly driven.
Three beeps are emitted within 15 seconds.
- Screw the nut firmly onto the device. Feel free to use a cloth to tighten it properly without getting your hand hurt. Then, place the usage cap and place Blue Connect back in the water.
NB: The sensor may take a few hours to stabilise its parameters after its first immersion in the swimming pool.