To ensure maximum longevity of the probe, keep it for as long as possible in a humid environment. If you take the device out of the water, you must screw it to the storage cap with KCl (saturated potassium chloride), pH4 or, as a last resort, pool water.
- In "Settings" > "Blue Connect", press "Probe replacement".
- Take out Blue Connect from the water. Wipe the device and start the procedure in a dry, clean place.
- Remove the usage cap and nut. If you struggle to unscrew the nut, use adjustable pliers by placing them on this exact spot (Image A).
- Slightly and gently pull on the four plastic tips of the probe. Be sure to remove the seal and discard it. It could be stuck inside.
- Scan the QR code of the new probe.
- Remove the protective cap. Be careful not to drop the probe as it is a very fragile item. Place the new seal supplied with the replacement on the new probe. Insert the probe and turn it until it is placed correctly. Three beeps are emitted within 15 seconds.
- Screw the nut firmly onto the device. Feel free to use adjustable pliers to tighten it properly. Then, place the usage cap and place Blue Connect back in the water.
NB: The sensor may take a few hours to stabilise its parameters after its first immersion in the swimming pool.